IPOH Buddy Food Trip

Saturday, January 30, 2016


Seriously, I'd never thought of these kind of days. wtf hahaha Because my big buddies did not organize such a trip previously. Even though, this is not credit to me but my smallest buddies who suggested the trip! Big thanks to them for leaving a footprint in my memory during my uni days. I feel really really glad to have you all as my buddies! lol  Fyi, UM is renowned with the buddy system which enable us to link us with our juniors. 
Okay, let's go straight to the foodiessssss! Our main objective of the trip. hahaha

Started with the foodies. 
1. Salted Chicken 盐焗鸡 RM19.00
You can easily find it in Ipoh Town. Firstly, we thought that how can we finish a whole chicken?! After eating, that was definitely not enough to stuff your empty stomach! 
I know it looked ugly. Like a chicken is sleeping 'gracefully' without head. O.O
Fyi, my buddy picked this shop. 宴瓊林盐焗鸡
Address: 24, Jalan Theatre, 30330 Ipoh, Perak
Tel: +60 5-254 2998

2. Pasar Malam at Ipoh Garden
We had BBQ pork sticks, Imitation Shark Fin Soup 碗仔翅 and Popiah 春卷. 
And also this! They used many different ingredients. And we picked chicken, enorki mushroom, sweet potato and french bean. All are superb in taste! Spicy is not spice at all.

3. Tong Shui at 糖水街
They are popular with this street name Dessert Street aka Tong Sui Kai. And we picked these 3 items. 1st one is the traditional tong shui, 2nd one Lemon AiYuBing and the 3rd one is their locally famous dessert, the Mixed Fruit Ice! 
I spent RM10.65 per pax for the first day for all the foods above included the salted chicken. Damn cheap right? haha. The advantage of group trip.

4. 忠记兵如港口大树头炸料粉 Crispy foods
It's actually Yong Tau Fu. As my buddy is Ipoh-ian, she brought us to the famous one where the local used to eat. A lot of varieties for you to choose.
    Address: 1277, Jalan King, Taman Hoover, 31650 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

Price is reasonable as well =)
Here's our pick.


This is what I found special which couldn't get from other places. Don't get cheated by its small portion, all of us are full! lol


5. Custard egg 天津炖蛋
We were visiting the mural art in the middle. Then we went to Thean Chun Coffee Shop for this. I believe this is famous across states. Basically I felt it is lower than my expectation as the taste of every single custard egg is different and depends on how much proportion of milk and sugar they put. We ordered two, the first one wasn't taste good, but the second one was just right!
Address: 天津茶室 73 Jalan Bandar TimahIpohPerak 30000Malaysia.

6. Tofu Pudding aka Dau-fu-fa
My favourite since young!! So So So excited when I got to taste this renowned food in town! The texture is superb awesomely good! Smooth like silk! (too hyper I know. lol) But, I felt not enough with only one bowl. 
Address: 奇峰豆腐花 49, Jalan Theatre, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

7. Chicken rice 芽菜鸡 
Another exciting plates!! Fyi, the bean sprouts in Ipoh are much bigger than other places in Msia. Again, we went to the locals' favourite to have this dinner. At first, we were like 'Seriously?! Can we really finish this big mountain of bean sprouts?' At last, we settled it. lol We ordered a whole chicken which cost us RM44. This dinner totall cost us RM76.50 including beverages.
    Address: 文东口芽菜鸡 849, Jalan Guntong, 30100 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

8. Snow Beer 雪花啤
They are actually using the freezed mugs to serve you with alcohol. One of the special drinks over there. 

Total spent for day 2 was around RM50 per pax. Damn cheap and fruitful!
Our day 3 meal settled at Petit Mary Patisserie. 
http://www.rennessw.com/2016/01/ipoh-petit-mary-patisserie.html

Photobombing time! 

    They are my cute small buddies! okay I am eldest. From left to right, Me, Yu Chin aka cutest monkey and You Zong aka most handsome monkey. Just coincidentally we choose monkey as our symbol! lol. This year is Monkey year what. 



    From left to right, Joyinn aka cleverest monkey, Xiho Kian aka most hokkian monkey and Elaine aka most naughty monkey. 


    LOL. Macam ini punya plate pun ada. 


    Another must-try is this! The family bike experience! You did not get wrong! It is 6-seated bike cost us RM30 for 30 mins. We really had fun! It is locate at Kinta River Front.



    They were forced to take this photo to match the name of the lane! hahaha

    A must-go-place perhaps? We had fun especially in man-made hotspring. 


    Honestly, I never thought that I will have a trip with my faculty buddies. Sorry but I have to be honest. At first, I always think that my buddy line is a bit boring compared to others'. So I'd have given up to have a strong bond with my own buddies. But things change by time, even second. It's fate which tie us together. Sound old-fashioned. lol It is true tho. And I believe it. Thanks for appearing in my degree life, making not dull for the ending of my degree life. To all of you, studying may be hard sometimes, but do enjoy the bitter and sweet throughout journey. It is what makes you in the future. Looking forward to next gathering! 

    Love, Renness.

    You Might Also Like

    1 comments

    1. the dau fu fa & tongsui really does look tempting!! :O

      candy-yumi.com

      ReplyDelete

    Click me

    Blog Archive

    Follow @rennessw

    Subscribe